Upgrading the bridge and boardwalk in the Yaroomba Bushland Park, renewing the amenities block at Mudjimba Beach Holiday Park, and renewing shelters at Waalum Park at Mount Coolum are among the Sunshine Coast Council 2021/22 Budget highlights for Division 8.
Divisional councillor Jason O’Pray said he was pleased to see money spent in the local region.
“I’m very pleased to see $370,000 has been allocated to replace and renew the bridge and boardwalk in Yaroomba Bushland Park, a hidden gem of an environmental reserve off Neurum Road,” Cr O’Pray said.
“This upgrade will ensure that accessibility throughout this surprising bushland oasis is maintained, whether people come to enjoy it with prams, wheelchairs, bicycles or with four-legged friends on leads.
“Another popular little community park, Waalum Park at Mount Coolum, will also greatly benefit from new shelters and picnic tables and seats.
“Council will also invest more than $500,000 on important recreation park and landscape amenity updates across Division 8, benefiting all who come to enjoy our beautiful beaches, playgrounds, and picnic areas.”
“To support the increasing visitor numbers to our region, $800,000 will be invested in the Mudjimba Beach Holiday Park.
“Replacement of the existing amenities building of this much-loved holiday hideaway will bring this facility up to the standard of the rest of the park.”
Capital works highlights for Division 8:
- $370,000 for the bridge and boardwalk renewal in Yaroomba Bushland Park, off Neurum Road, Yaroomba
- $210,000 to renew six shelters in Waalum Park, Mount Coolum
- $115,000 to install bridge joints in conjunction with resurfacing of the Lake view Drive Bridge, Twin Waters
- $90,000 for replacement and renewal works on the Warrack Street Park playground at Mount Coolum
- $70,000 for Esperance Drive, Twin Waters pathway renewal
- $20,000 to construct a new pathway along Runway Drive, Marcoola
- $20,000 for Felix Parry Park, Marcoola barbecue facilities renewal
- $20,000 for Prestwick Drive Park, Twin Waters seat renewal
- $15,000 for North Shore Road, Twin Waters beach shower renewal
- $15,000 to remove bollards and replace seat at Waterlily Place Reserve, Twin Waters
- $10,000 for Birrahl Park, Yaroomba bollard run renewal
- $8,000 for Karinya Place, Twin Waters seat renewal
- $6,000 for Nautilus Place Park, Twin Waters seat renewal
- $6,000 for The Links Reserve, Twin Waters seat renewal